Friday, July 23, 2010

Hiatus and continents

I've taken a hiatus from blogging because we've taken a hiatus from Montessori. Nugget has done a few activities, but I haven't suggested or encouraged any time in there.

I've been working through the New Child Montessori guides, setting up a plan for our fall. I'll be putting the materials away over the next week, giving us a clean slate for starting up again in September.

We just need a do-over after these months with Sprout have ruined our routine and her habits. The other day, she spread all the smelling bottles out on the bed and started throwing them around; later, she stood on the cylinder blocks.

In the meantime, I'm working pretty hard on gathering things up to start continent studies in the winter. Part of that is participating in a scavenger hunt put on by Sunrise Learning Lab, so there'll be some posts up relating to that over the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter