Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A little break

Things are going to change a bit around here. Thanks to an amazingly generous gift, we're going to be getting a number of basic Montessori materials in the next few weeks!!!

I spent days figuring out exactly what I wanted to order. Then we spent days deciding on where to put the new classroom and what shelving to use. And now I'm working on various small, crafty projects to fill in the gaps in my order.

In progress now:
- Gluing sandpaper to circular cut-outs to make touch tablets.
- Turning small globes from the Target dollar section into sandpaper and continent globes.

I'm totally re-invigorated about doing Montessori with Nugget, and I've been neck-deep in books and blogs. Hopefully I'll have a photo tour for you once our items start to arrive!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog via Walk Beside Me. I just bought our first Montessori materials. (Though I wish a generous gift had paid for mine hehe!) What did you end up ordering? I also have the same projects to accomplish but it will take a little while as we are about to move back to the States from Costa Rica. The first place I am going shopping is the Target dollar spot for the globes I've seen talked about on blogs. Hope they are still there!
    http://theadventuresofbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter