Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Poor, deprived kid

Nugget keeps going over to the activity shelf and asking for a "new activ-ty?". Unfortunately, I'm stuck on what to do for her. I spent some time looking through the print-outs from Montessori for the Earth, but I don't think any of them are appropriate for her. They mostly involve sitting and getting a lesson, which she is not up for these days. She likes the sort of activity that takes little explaining, but that she can learn and explore on her own.

So I'm waiting to join a Yahoo group that focuses on creating Montessori materials at home, and I'm hoping to get some inspiration from the archives once they give me access. Maybe I'll also dig out a few of the little toys and puzzles I've tucked away, see if she's grown into them.

1 comment:

  1. i just wanted to say hi and that i love your blog!!! it's been so inspiring... i've been on here for over half an hour now! :) i have an almost 3 yr old and i've been slow to start w/ montessori activities w/ him, tho i've wanted to since he was born. and i think many of the things on your little nugget's shelf is right where he is developmentally, so it was just great to get some easy-to-create ideas here! i'm bookmarking you and definitely plan to be back!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter